Accelerate your career to the next level
From multinational corporations to independent high-street stores, every business has to think globally to survive. A world of new international business careers awaits individuals who are able to spot new markets, revenue streams and efficiencies in this changeable, pressured setting.
To help you progress in this competitive environment, the Online MSc International Business is packed with practical management insights and contemporary business ideas you can apply in your career from day one, such as leadership techniques and global strategies.
Since the programme is also accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA), you can be confident that after graduating, employers will recognise your qualification as the gold standard certificate for business excellence.
- Bespoke in-house international business careers advice from professionally qualified consultants at Birmingham Business School
- 2nd most targeted University by the UK’s top employers (High Fliers Research 2020)1
- Birmingham Business School thrives on strong industry links with its global partners and takes pride in the services they offer to business
- Russell Group graduates earn 40% more than non-Russell Group graduates2
International Business Manager:
Instrumental to the development of new international sales and distribution partnerships, an International Business Manager is responsible for everything from creating strategy to maximising revenue across an organisation’s global networks. Key skills include adaptability and an in-depth understanding of the partners’ unique drivers.3
Business Development Manager:
Responsible for creating new sales opportunities, the typical daily duties of a Business Development Manager include networking, researching and identifying new contacts, and attending seminars and events to create new leads. To succeed you need to be a confident and persuasive communicator.4
Additional roles include:
- Marketing or sales manager
- Finance manager
- Territory manager
- Compliance or operations manager
- Account or project manager
- Event manager
- Logistics or contracts manager
- Digital manager
Request more information or a consultation
Keen to learn more? Our expert team is ready to answer any questions you may have.
When you complete this programme, you will be able to:
- Further your ability to overcome complex problems in global business
- Develop critical managerial skills and master practical applications
- Enhance people management skills necessary for more effective leadership
- Challenge critical thinking on business issues within a global society
- Understand business management and its application in professional life
Your relationship with the University of Birmingham will continue long after graduation. To make the most of your future career prospects, we will help you gain the skills, knowledge and attributes that employers are looking for.
Access one-to-one careers advice and support via the University of Birmingham Careers Network for up to two years after you graduate.
Join an alumni network of over 300,000 students worldwide.
Seek support via the B Start-up programme if you are an entrepreneur looking to start your own business.
Connect with your peers and lecturers and keep our thriving online community alive.
- UNKNOWN (2020) The graduate market in 2020. High Fliers Research Limited [online] Available at: <https://www.highfliers.co.uk/download/2020/graduate_market/GM20Report.pdf> [Accessed 21.02.2020]
- BRITTON, J. (2017) The degrees that make you rich… and the ones that don’t. BBC News [online] Available at: <https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-41693230> [Accessed 21.02.2020]
- UNKNOWN (2020) Average International Business Manager Salary in the United Kingdom. Payscale [online] Available at <https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Salaries/international-business-manager-salary-SRCH_KO0,30.htm> [Accessed 19.02.2020]
- UNKNOWN (2020) Average Business Development Manager Salary in the United Kingdom. Payscale [online] Available at <https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Salaries/business-development-manager-salary-SRCH_KO0,28.htm> [Accessed 19.02.2020]