MBA careers: thrive in a global business environment
Drawing on insights and expertise from our partnerships with leading international businesses, Birmingham Business School is a gateway to a number of new MBA career paths or perfect training for progression within your current company.
This exposure to world-class teaching and research informs your understanding and capacity to advance sustainable, responsible business strategies in an increasingly competitive global business market.
As well as providing one-to-one MBA careers advice, we offer contemporary industry insights through online lectures from distinguished business leaders, and optional on-campus workshops. These unique learning experiences not only equip you with the necessary business knowledge, they challenge you to thrive.
Since the programme is accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA), you can be confident that employers will recognise your qualification as the gold standard certificate for business excellence.
- Bespoke in-house MBA careers advice from professionally qualified consultants at Birmingham Business School
- 2nd most targeted University by the UK’s top employers (High Fliers Research 2020)1
- Birmingham Business School thrives on strong industry links with its global partners and takes pride in the services they offer to business
- Russell Group graduates earn 40% more than non-Russell Group graduates2
Responsible for managing and overseeing a company’s day-to-day activities, Executive Directors are involved in the design, development and implementation of strategy to ensure their company operates effectively and efficiently. The director is also responsible for reporting to the company’s chairman of the board.3
Chief Financial Officer:
Overseeing the financial operations of an organization, Chief Financial Officers (CFOs) provide critical leadership for finance departments to ensure that they are running efficiently and adhere to legal requirements and company policies. They are committed to maintaining a favourable company image while saving the business money.4
Additional roles include:
- Director, partner or CEO
- Managing director, vice president or executive director
- Head of department
- Chief financial officer or director of finance
- Regional service manager or global lead
- Business co-founder
Request more information or a consultation
Keen to learn more? Our expert team is ready to answer any questions you may have.
When you complete this programme, you will be able to:
- Apply your specialist subject knowledge in practice
- Draw on critical awareness of business and leadership strategies
- Explain theoretical and contemporary business issues
- Expand your horizons to understand global business
- Tailor management methods and techniques to business cases
Your relationship with the University of Birmingham will continue long after your graduation. To make the most of your future career prospects, we will help you gain the skills, knowledge and attributes that employers are looking for.
- UNKNOWN (2020) The graduate market in 2020. High Fliers Research Limited [online] Available at: <https://www.highfliers.co.uk/download/2020/graduate_market/GM20Report.pdf> [Accessed 21.02.2020]
- BRITTON, J. (2017) The degrees that make you rich… and the ones that don’t. BBC News [online] Available at: <https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-41693230> [Accessed 21.02.2020]
- UNKNOWN (2020) Average Executive Director Salary in the United Kingdom. Payscale [online] Available at <https://www.payscale.com/research/UK/Job=Executive_Director/Salary> [Accessed 11.02.2020]
- UNKNOWN (2020) Average Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Salary in the United Kingdom. Payscale [online] Available at <https://www.payscale.com/research/UK/Job=Chief_Financial_Officer_(CFO)/Salary> [Accessed 11.02.2020]