Provide excellent leadership in higher education
- Interdisciplinary programme
- Research-based university
This online PGCert gives you the skills to contribute to policy-making processes, implement policy into practice, and recommend future policy changes. Utilise your new knowledge in several roles that involve both professional and academic responsibilities.
The PGCert Higher Education Policy Into Practice can help you reach a position in senior management at a higher education institution or an organisation that works closely with the sector.
The programme is designed for students from a variety of backgrounds including academics and professional services. With the PGCert Higher Education Policy Into Practice, you can make a strategic move toward the next step in your career.
- In 2021, 220 million students worldwide pursued higher education, doubling the 2000 figure.1
- By 2030, that number will reach 380 million.1
Director of Education Services
A Director of Education Services oversees the delivery of education at their organisation. They might implement academic policies and procedures, enact a strategic vision, and lead teams of teachers and professionals.
Pro Vice Chancellor
A Pro Vice Chancellor is responsible for the academic vision of their organisation, and includes many responsibilities. They may oversee the organsation’s finances, research initiatives, outreach, and more.
Additional roles include:
- Communications and Marketing Manager
- Head of Policy
- Research Manager
- Head of Professional Services
- Head of Academic Services
Request more information or a consultation
Note: * Required field
Keen to learn more? Our expert team is ready to answer any questions you may have.
PGCert Higher Education Policy Into Practice graduates are expected to have knowledge and understanding of:
- How policy is formed at different levels and how this impacts practice, but also how practice can impact policy.
- Ways that higher education has grown in the number of institutions and students globally, including current forms of the university and possible futures.
- How equity has been articulated in academic literature, policy, and practice.
- Design, the processes involved, the associated contemporary design theories, and how these ideas and ways of working can be used in context.
- Data tools and frameworks to evaluate teaching, learning, and institutional practice.
- Sociotechnical perspectives of learning environments connecting the social, physical, and digital.
Your relationship with the University of Birmingham will continue long after your graduation. To make the most of your future career prospects, we will help you gain the skills, knowledge, and attributes that employers are looking for.
- Fortune Business Insights (2021) Higher Education Technology Market Size, Share & COVID-19 Impact Analysis [online] Available at: https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/higher-education-market-104503
- Glassdoor (2023) Director of education services salaries in United Kingdom [online] Available at: https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Salaries/director-of-education-services-salary-SRCH_KO0,30.htm
- Glassdoor (2023) How much does a Pro Vice Chancellor make in United Kingdom? [online] Available at: https://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/united-kingdom-pro-vice-chancellor-salary-SRCH_IL.0,14_IN2_KO15,34.htm