Effect positive patient outcomes
Focusing on business leadership and health service management, our online MBA Clinical Leadership degree offers a unique combination of skills crucial to a high-level career in health – a role where you can make a difference to public health outcomes.
Due to its interdisciplinary nature, the programme is ideal for professionals from both clinical and non-clinical backgrounds, supporting positions in either the NHS or private pharmaceutical, bioscience, medtech or life science companies.
- Bespoke in-house MBA careers advice from professionally qualified consultants at Birmingham Business School
- 2nd most targeted university by the UK’s top employers (High Fliers Research 2020)1
- Birmingham Business School thrives on strong industry links with its global partners, and takes pride in the services they offer to business and healthcare services
- Russell Group graduates earn 40% more than non-Russell Group graduates2
Senior General Manager
Senior General Managers are responsible for delivering against performance metrics and quality, operational and financial targets for their healthcare services. It is crucial that they proactively identify exceptions and develop resolutions with other service leaders and clinicians.3
Senior Medical Director
As a member of the board of directors, a senior medical director has an essential role in shaping an organisation’s culture and strategy, and communicating these to frontline staff. Not only are they responsible for improving the quality of patient service, but they’re also the clinical voice for the organisation.4
Additional roles include:
- Doctor (Divisional Leader)
- Head of Health Services
- Director of Health Policy
- Partner/Co-founder (Private Healthcare)
- Hospital CEO/Executive Director
- Head of Hospital IT Service and Delivery
- Director of Analytics (Medical)
- Director of Health and Wellness
- Vice President/MD (Healthcare)
- Head of Health Strategy
- Global Healthcare Lead
- Director of Finance/CFO (Healthcare)
Request more information or a consultation
Keen to learn more? Our expert team is ready to answer any questions you may have.
- Explore and advance leadership practice in healthcare organisations
- Develop and implement strategy
- Appreciate the integrated value of marketing, operations, HRM, and accounting and finance
- Generate confident business leadership in multiple contexts through group participation
Your relationship with the University of Birmingham will continue long after your graduation. To make the most of your future career prospects, we will help you gain the skills, knowledge and attributes that employers are looking for.
Access one-to-one careers advice and support via the University of Birmingham Careers Network for up to two years after you graduate.
Join an alumni network of over 300,000 students worldwide.
Seek support via the B Start-up programme if you are an entrepreneur looking to start your own business.
Connect with your peers and lecturers, and keep our thriving online community alive.
- UNKNOWN (2020) The graduate market in 2020. High Fliers Research Limited [online] Available at: https://www.highfliers.co.uk/download/2020/graduate_market/GM20Report.pdf [Accessed 21.02.2020]
- BRITTON, J. (2017) The degrees that make you rich… and the ones that don’t. BBC News [online] Available at: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-41693230 [Accessed 21.02.2020]
- UNKNOWN (2020) NHS General Manager. Glassdoor [online] Available at: https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Salary/NHS-General-Manager-Salaries-E12873_D_KO4,19.htm [Accessed 25.01.2021]
- UNKNOWN (2020) Senior Medical Director. PayScale [online] https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Salaries/senior-medical-director-salary-SRCH_KO0,23.htm [Accessed 21.02.2020]